As a follow-up to our last post about getting the surprise of a lifetime - finding a robber in our home - I thought I would pass along some questions that you should ask yourself about your home and your possessions. These are the questions we've revisited and reviewed in the past few days.
1. Are your valuables in a locked safe or safety deposit box? Is the safe bolted or securely fixed?
2. Have you recently inherited anything of value or purchased a new electronic device? Is it insured?
3. Homeowners or Renters Insurance… when was the last time you reviewed your policy, are your limits still accurate?
4. Have any family jewels? Know what they are worth?
5. Do you have copies of important documents saved somewhere else (this is where cloud storage could come in SUPER handy) for easy access at any time?
One thing we never thought we wanted or would have is an alarm system… and one is being installed as I type.