Wednesday, November 14, 2012

NWM 2012

A month weeks ago, I made a trip to SF to visit family, as it's our annual girls get together for the Nike Women's Half Marathon. My Aunt is a rockstar and has walked it all 9 years, thus she is a Legacy and ALWAYS gets in to the race (it's a lottery).

I've been lucky to be able to participate the last 5 years and again this year. Typically I run or run/walk the race depending on training and having a partner in crim. This year had me worried as I was 32 weeks pregnant and spent my time training in the flat, Arizona heat. The SF Hills are hard enough without being pregnant! I wore a huge belly band to help support the load, which I was skeptical about and it gave me a muffin top, but man, did that thing work!!

Training was a good challenge and kept me moving for the past few months. This year I made t-shirts for our group, which was a lot of fun and hope to continue for years to come! We all got a lot of great commentary along the route from those reading our shirts... which for me was something I really enjoyed. To do this race with all women, at 32 weeks pregnant and to hear all their words of encouragement was very empowering.


Saturday at the Expo
At the starting line!
Our Shirts

A hundred feet from the finish line. So glad these ladies were with me!!


DONE

No comments: